Sunday 6 September 2015

My Eyebrow Routine

  Hello! Today I've decided to share with you my technique for filling in my eyebrows. Big, bushy brows are all the rage right now, with celebs like Cara Delevingne, Lily Collins and Emma Watson leading the trend. Unfortunately my caterpillars are sparse, thin and not-very-visible, but I do my best with what I have!

   
To start off, I brush my brows through with an eyebrow brush.
                      
  
I then take MAC's Mystery eye shadow (here) on the Real Technique's eyebrow brush (here) and draw a line following my natural eyebrow shape, starting in the centre of my brow, and continuing till the end.


I do the same on the top of my eyebrow - starting in the middle and creating a line that curves towards the end to enhance my upper arch, then dragging that line to the tail of my brow.



With what's left on my brush, I extend both lines in the opposite direction, towards the front of my eyebrow.


Taking that same powder colour on the Bobbi Brown eyebrow brush (here), I fill in the outlines that I've made. The reason that I switch brushes is because the Real Techniques brush is quite light, seeing as it's synthetic, and it's thinner for creating definite lines. The Bobbi Brown brush has very dense, coarse bristles, which helps to pick up more product and its thicker shape helps for filling in large spaces.


I make sure that the tail of my brow is extended and in proportion with the rest.



Next I go in with the Rimmel Brow This Way gel to set everything in place. This definitely helps my eyebrows to look more full and helps them to not fade during the day, and I have more about this product in my recent favourites.
                                   
 



Lastly I conceal all around my eyebrows. This makes them look more neat and tidy, and will also cover up any un-plucked hairs you might have!



And we're done! I know it seems like a lot of steps, but if you don't have automatically full brows and want to achieve a more dramatic look, these are my tips! Thank you for reading, I'm going to be writing about the rest of this makeup look (my go-to autumn makeup) soon!
                              


No comments:

Post a Comment