Monday 31 August 2015

August Favourites

Helloooo! Today I'm writing about my favourite products/items throughout the month of August, from clothes to beauty to books. Sadly, the end of August means that I'll be going back to school tomorrow, but hopefully because I'm in transition year I'll have enough free time to still get a blog post up every weekend!

  
My first favourites are these comfortable black slip on shoes. They're just like the Vans slip-ons, but at a much more affordable price! I love them because they're so easy to throw on if you're running out the door, so they'd make great shoes to wear to school for people that don't have a uniform.
buy here

Next I have this navy sweatshirt from Stradivarius which I featured in my recent haul. This is a staple piece that I'd been looking for for such a long time, and now that I have it I can't stop wearing it! It's really simple and casual and I'm really glad I found it.

I've been loving strobing lately (I have a tutorial here!) and the That Gal illuminating primer from Benefit is wonderful for getting that glowing look. I've even worn it without any other makeup on occasion, and it looks great every time!
buy here
 Another favourite of mine for bright skin is the Wake Me Up concealer from Rimmel. I only bought this a week ago after having used (and loved) the foundation for two years, and I already know that I'll be repurchasing once I run out!
buy here
 Another Rimmel item, their Brow This Way brow gel has been fantastic at adding thickness and colour to my otherwise non-existant eyebrows!
buy here

To keep my skin feeling smooth and smelling all citrus-y, I've used the Soap&Glory Sugar Crush body butter. I'm obsessed with this scent! I know that there's people who won't like it, as it's a really sickly sweet lime fragrance, but I for one absolutely love it.

buy here
 For nails, this month I wanted to stick with classic block colours, rather than trying out new nail art, and what's a more classic nail polish colour than red? This mini Dior polish is a true red, and when paired with the topcoat to match, the colour lasts without chipping for at least five days!

Finally, the book I've been reading for most of this month is All I Know Now by YouTuber and Les Mis star Carrie Hope Fletcher. I've been watching Carrie's videos for quite some time now, even since before she was Eponine, and I truly think she is one of the best and most down-to-earth YouTubers in the game. Last August, I had the opportunity to see her in Les Mis, and was blown away by the performance she gave!
But enough about that, lets get to the book. Heartwarming, funny, and insightful, Carrie's guide to "growing up gracefully" is the perfect book for teenagers in need of some advice or just some funny stories to read. She writes with very relaxed language, as if she's just having a chat with a friend, and has tips on everything on 'Internetiquette' to dealing with love and heartbreak. I would definitely recommend this book to people from ages 12 to 18, but I think there's something to take away from it no matter what age you read it at!
buy here

Thank you for reading my August favourites!
                                                                                                    Sarah-Rose xx



No comments:

Post a Comment