Sunday 2 August 2015

My Haircare Routine

  During the summer, my hair always becomes dry. Even if we aren't getting that much sun in Ireland this year (and by that I mean we're getting absolutely none) my hair still feels the humidity and I wind up with brittle ends. I have quite thick, long hair, so taking good care of it is a must, as I have so much of it! Read on for how I keep my hair smooth and shiny in summer.
Coconut oil is my holy grail haircare product. Honestly, I don't want to know how much frizzier my hair would be without it. The night before I wash my hair, I take a grape sized amount and rub it between my hands until it melts. I then massage it into my hair, starting at the bottom and working my way up to my scalp. I find that coconut oil makes my hair smoother, shinier and much easier to work with. It also doesn't leave my hair greasy or heavy after I've washed it out!
When I wash my hair, I've been using the OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco shampoo and conditioner. Both of these products are very thick and lather easily, which is brilliant because it means a little goes a very long way. Although I like using them, in my opinion I don't think they are worth the cost, as I've tried other shampoo/conditioner combos that work just as well for much cheaper!

While my hair is still wet, I smooth a small amount of the Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Perfector Oil into it so that my hair detangles more easily and I can brush it out without it breaking. To brush it out, I use a Tangle Teezer which, again, won't break my hair. Seeing a trend here?


Usually I let my hair dry naturally, but if I blowdry it, the heat protectant I use is by VO5. I spray this all over my hair and then brush it through so that it's evenly distributed. 
I have no special way of blowdrying my hair, I usually just tip my head upside down and don't hold it in one place for too long.

Thank you for reading!
                                               Sarah-Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment