Sunday 9 August 2015

Haul - Penneys, Stradivarius, Topshop

 I always find that it's very difficult to create outfits at this time of year. In Ireland it never really gets very warm for more than a week or two, so most of my summer clothes stay in the back of the closet until I go abroad. Having said this, I can't resist shopping, and while I was in Tenerife in mid July, and in Dublin last week, I picked up some practical pieces that I know I'll wear continuously, whatever the weather.

 The week before going on holidays, I popped into Penneys (Primark) to get some crop tops. These are great to have, as they can be thrown on over a pair of denim cutoffs, or dressed up with a skirt and some jewellery. I bought them in neutral colours to bring me into autumn, and they're something I can see myself wearing all year round. Plus, they were all under five euro!

buy here 
 Sticking with the crop top trend, I was in Stradivarius in Tenerife and bought two of the same top in different colours. These are just simple cropped tank tops, and really remind me of styles found in Brandy Melville. 
I had only ever been in Stradivarius in Dublin once, and the store was nothing special. This is why I was pleasantly surprised when I visited the chain in Tenerife, and it was completely different - clean, bright, organised and, most importantly, with beautiful clothes! It's amazing how much a shop can improve based on layout alone, while selling the same products.

Possibly my favourite item that I've purchased in a long time, these shorts are so beautiful that I wish I had the weather to wear them properly! Nonetheless, I've persevered and worn them despite our climate, and I'm in love. They are so easily paired with a simple white tee tucked in, or a pop of pink, or dressed up with a breezy silk shirt and some cleverly selected jewellery. The downside for any readers is that I didn't buy them at a chain store, but at a small pop-up boutique. I'm trying to find something similar to link, but they're very unique! 

 Back to Stradivarius, I got this simple navy hoodless sweatshirt. I've been looking for something like this for so long, as all of the sweatshirts like this that I've found have giant logos or slogans on them, and I really wanted something simple. Not only did I find exactly the style of sweatshirt I was looking for, but it was on sale, too - from twenty six euro, down to six!

 Another staple I was looking for was this cream knit cardigan, which will be perfect for when I want to re-wear summer outfits in autumn, but want to fight the chill.
 My last Stradivarius item (I didn't realise I'd bought this much!) is this loose fitting flannel shirt, perfect for tying around your waist or as a cover-up over sleeveless tops/dresses. Again, a great piece to transfer into your autumn wardrobe.
buy here
Last but not least are these black skinny Joni jeans from Topshop. I had been eyeing these for quite a while, as I have no black jeans, and I keep wanting to pair them with outfits. Lucky for me, I received a One4All gift voucher last week, so I could finally justify buying them! They're so comfortable and easy to wear, and I'm so glad that I know have them.
Sadly a lot of these items were on sale, or aren't on their websites, so the links to buy them are only under the clothes that I could find online!

Thank you so much for reading!
                                                                          Sarah-Rose

1 comment:

  1. Loved the blog post! Your fashion taste is so cute, I love the crop tops and the shorts! Hope you had a lovely time in Tenerife! :)
    - Molly x

    molly-ap.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete