Friday 1 August 2014

July Favourites

July has come and gone so fast it's insane! But I'm excited to be doing my first ever favourites, so lets start.
First off, beauty. This month I've been loving BB cream, as it's light weight and much easier to wear than foundation in hot weather. I'm trying out Benefit's Big Easy BB, and so far so good! It feels like a foundation when applying it, but it sets with a powder finish, and has good coverage for something so light.
  My next favourite is also from Benefit, and it's the They're Real mascara. I bought this a while ago, and didn't love it, as I've never been a fan of plastic mascara brushes, but lately I've been using it almost everyday! It separates my lashes so well, and gives both length and volume.
  As for skincare, I've been using the Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask from Lush. It's packed with blueberries, chamomile and calamine to soothe blemishes and moisturise the skin. Well worth taking a look at if you're having a bad skin day!
  Another favourite of mine has been floral shorts. I've seen them in so many shops and had to buy a pair, and I'm so glad I did because I've been wearing them non stop!(Well, when it's warm enough to...) I bought these black floral drawstring shorts from Forever 21, which were featured in my summer outfits post.
 Now random favourites! One of my favourite musicals of all time is Wicked, which I saw in London last year and immediately loved. So, of course, I had to read the book. It's basically the story of the Wicked Witch of the West before Dorothy and her gang came to Oz, and so far I'm addicted! It's very different to the show, but it's equally as brilliant, and it's great for a summertime read by the pool or in the garden.
  I'm forever losing hair bands, but these cute bands that I found in Topshop are perfect, as they double as a cute wrist band/bracelet! This pack of 5 has really pretty bands, some with lace detailing, some shimmery, and they don't damage your hair, either.
  And my last favourite is this cute notebook from Cath Kidston. I'll be going away to a stage school in London in just over a week, for which I need to bring a notebook to take notes in. This is perfect as it's not too big, but has enough room to be able to write properly. I love the pastel floral cover, too!
  So they're my monthly favourites! Thanks so much for reading,
                                                                                                            Sarah xx


No comments:

Post a Comment