Friday 5 September 2014

Where I've Been/Life Update

   Soo, it's been a while...

 Sorry that I haven't posted in about five weeks, but I have a very good excuse (trust me). The laptop that I usually blog on has broken, and it's taken longer than it should have to get set up with blogging on mobile. I do, though, have some interesting life updates!

  On the week of the 11th of August, I attended Westend Stage, a summer stage school in Central London, held in Guildhall. Musical theatre is my biggest passion in life, so getting to go to something like this for a week was the most incredible experience I could have asked for!
  I stayed in the school's accommodation, and was in a flat with four other girls, Imi, Kat, Corina and Megan.
  On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday we had classes; drama, dance, singing and a masterclass. Our masterclasses included working with Jo Hawes, leading child casting director in London, Rob Houchen, currently playing Marius in Les Mis, and Wendy Ferguson, playing Madame Thenardier in Les Mis. On Wednesday we went to see Les Mis in the Queen's Theatre, and it was absolutely stunning. If you're in London and want to see a show, I strongly suggest you see it.
  On the Friday night, there was a cabaret competition between all of the flats. Our flat teamed up with a flat of five guys to perform 'Les Mis in 120 Seconds' and we ended up winning!  A video of our performance can be found here. These guys are all so talented and it was great getting to perform with them and become such good friends.
  On the Saturday we were in Covent Garden, and had a disco that night, as it was our last night in the accommodation. On Sunday we got to Her Majesty's Theatre early in the morning for our showcase that night.
  Her Majesty's is home to Phantom of the Opera, my favourite musical, so I was kind of freaking out when we saw some of the costumes and set backstage! The showcase went really well, and then it was time to say goodbye and back to reality. I have to say it was the best week of my life, and the friends I made and lessons I learned I'll carry with me forever, as cheesy as it sounds!
 
   I'm now back to school and things are getting busy with studying for Junior Cert and all of that, but I have some blog posts that I can't wait to put up (if I can get it working properly, that is) so I'll be posting again soon!
                                    Thanks for reading,
                                                                      Sarah-Rose xx

No comments:

Post a Comment